Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume:
Certified occupational therapy assistants (COTA) help patients regain strength and mobility by providing them with several treatments in the form of exercises and massage. They work with professional therapists and an appliance therapy program that suits patients’ circumstances. They also meet the mental and emotional needs of patients who are depressed because of not leading their lives as ordinary people do. In addition to direct patient services, they also manage written and administrative tasks such as scheduling, follow-up, maintaining patient records, documenting patient progress and the type of treatments that work on patients.
Associate degree in occupational therapy is essential to work in a clinic, hospital and rehabilitation center. After completing the certification program, the candidate must also take the national certification exam administered by Board National Certification for Occupational Therapy.
How do you write a Occupational Therapy resume for an interview?
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume Sample
Your Name, OT
123 Nurses Road – Nowhere PA, 01001
800.111.2222 (C) – [email protected]
Certifications and Skills
- OT License #0000000
- Basic Life Support
- Discharge Planning
Occupational Therapy University 2000
Masters of Occupational Therapy
- Founder of Therapists for Change Student Organization
Undergraduate University 1998
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
- President of National Student Therapist Association
Home Care Company Philadelphia, PA 2010-2014
- Evaluate patient’s status and work with team to determine appropriate care plan.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members regarding client status, care plan and expected outcomes.
- Make regular client visits, as per policy, to evaluate client progress towards goals.
- Evaluate and monitor client home for safety.
- Supervised treatment provided by COTA’s.
- Provided in-services to nursing staff members.
- Collaborate with multiple units, including rehab team for development programs.
Home Care Company Philadelphia, PA 2007-2010
- Manager of COTA’s across multiple units.
- Responsible for providing routine and as-needed client assessment, reported changes in condition.
- Managed documentation for staff members, and completed in timely manner.
- Performed and submitted OASIS elements assessment upon request from care team.
- Performed Quarterly and Annual screenings.
- Worked with nurses department regarding scheduling of new patients.
Hospital Wynnewood, PA 2002-2007 Occupational Therapist
- Worked in sub-acute rehab center.
- Assisted with client evaluations.
- Helped determine appropriate assistive devices as needed
- Proficient in electronic health records.
- Member of strategic planning committee for patient safety.
- Facilitated transfers of clients to injury specific rehab hospitals.
- Provided treatment and facilitated educational sessions for family members.
Rehab Center Philadelphia, PA 2000-2002
Per-Diem Occupational Therapist
- Independent contractor working with outside agency.
- Assisted team members with occupational therapy services for clients of all ages.
- Triaged new patients and helped with initial screening.
- Previously responsible for educating patients and family members.
- Served as a liaison between Spanish-speaking patients and physicians.
- Fifteen-week assignment in rehab setting.
- American Occupational Therapists Association 2015
- Volunteer at Doctors Without Borders 2015